Low back pain or commonly known as lumbago is a particular musculoskeletal ailment that have had affected numerous individuals. It is deemed as the most usual cause of disability, a leading factor that incapacitate any individual to work and one of the most common neurological disorder next to head pains. A lower back pain can either be recurring and severe depending on cause and effect to people.
Usual causes of lower back pain implicate illness or injuries on muscles, nerves and bones. Malfunction of organs in the abdomen, chest or pelvis would also result to back pains or referred pain. Low back referred pains are mostly felt by people suffering from bladder and pelvic infections, reproductive organ ailments, kidney malfunction, appendicitis, aneurysms, etc.
There is no apparent evidence to prevent and cure lower back pain. Hence, there are measures that are known to prevent lower back pain and foster rapid healing. The universal aim in preventing lower back pain is for the person to continue his or her regular tasks or activities the soonest. As for those who claims’ stretching is one preventive measure, this activity may boosts strain and would result to a more painful back.
Low Back Pain Prevention
- Rest with a pillow between your knees and lying on a certain side of the bed may boost comfort and ease lower back pain.
- Several physicians highly recommend lying on your back with a pillow below your knees.
- Ibuprofen drugs may lessen lower back pain temporarily. For those who have ibuprofen allergy, take time to consult your doctor as what medication is appropriate for you.
- Cold and heat compress may lessen back pains temporarily.
- Exercises cannot directly cure back pains and instantly improves agility, most especially those who have severe back disorders. Yet, some exercises are helpful for patients with chronic back pains as it enables them to perform normal activities and tasks.
- Akin with ibuprofen, Acetaminophen as well can relieve back pains temporarily.
- Medical experts proved that patients who are indulged with prolonged bed rest would also have longer healing period. Prolonged bed rest will boost depression, reduce muscles tone and develops blood clots on leg and back. Thus, to prevent lower back pains, one has to make sure that they should get up and be in motion regularly.
- Consult your therapists on proper postures when carrying something, standing, sitting, etc. Improper postures would result to lower back pains.
- People wearing high-heeled shoes are likely to experience low back pains. Try wearing low-heeled shoes for the moment to lessen the pain.
- With strict and keen attention to medical prescriptions, signs and symptoms of lower back pain will normally improve several weeks from its commencement.
- Patients should maintain a normal BMI or body weight to prevent back strain.
- Quit smoking.
- Eat calcium rich foods.
- Food with phosphorus and vitamin D prevents osteoporosis, a bone disease with lower back pain symptom.
- Vitamin B1, B6 and B12 can reduce lower back nerve pains.
- Avoid stress in home, school or workplace.
- Surgery is oftentimes the sole option to cure acute lower back pains.
- Speculations say that acupuncture can cure back pains, however, this procedure is not medically proven.
Those people who does not yet have any signs and symptoms of lower back pain should take chance in preventing the painful disease. Exercise regularly, proper diet, and exact posture lessens your chances of acquiring low back pains.
Using The Best Mattress To Get Best Night’s Sleep
Good Mattress gives you a luxurious night sleep without breaking your budget. One collection that they have is the Symbol Memory Foam Mattress. Take the springs of a typical mattress and pile on newer ideas such as memory foam or super soft pillow tops and you have the memory foam mattress.
The secret that sets the Symbol memory foam mattress above similar mattresses is the use of visco memory foam. Visco memory foam conforms and supports your body better than any other conventional foam product. The Symbol memory foam mattress lives up to its name and memorizes your exact form. Its pressure and temperature sensitive properties react to conform to your individual body characteristics. It also evens out your body weight so that one part of your body does not bear the whole burden throughout the night. The end result is a more comfortable, well supported sleep that is healthier for the body all around. It has the ability to sense your every shape results in a deeper sleep with less tossing and turning. You wake up more refreshed, alert and ready to embrace your day.
This innovative type of foam supports the neck, back, and other important joints which often cause aches and pains in the morning. Fitting to the exact shape of your body, it is able to support the joints and muscles that are often strained by other mattresses.
The end result is a higher level of comfort that eliminates tossing and turning from one sleep position to another, trying to relieve tired muscles. This mattress evenly distributes your body weight across the surface of the bed so you do not feel the pressure of supporting yourself on one area, such as the back. Anyone who routinely wakes up with kinks in the neck or lower back pain will experience great relief just by adding memory foam to any mattress type available through Symbol.
There are several benefits to buying a Symbol Foam mattress from Symbol mattress. The mattress is priced low enough to accommodate any budget and it also comes with a 10-year warranty. High quality and low price goes hand in hand when you purchase Symbol Memory Foam mattresses for your home. They come in a variety of options that are suitable for every member of the family, and at prices that will not put a huge strain on the family budget. Instead of settling for whatever mattress happens to be at a lower price range, many people can now afford more durable mattresses that make sleep more comfortable.